The Junior League of Ann Arbor is partnering with Turner’s Nursery to offer beautiful poinsettias to local area businesses, members, friends, family, neighbors, and the home-bound. Choose from three colors, several sizes, and even donate a plant to a local charitable organization.
All proceeds go toward civic leadership training for women and community impact projects throughout Washtenaw County.
Some of the projects we are involved with include:
- Hosting the Kids in the Kitchen workshops in the greater Washtenaw County area. This breakthrough workshop provides interactive food demonstrations that teach kids to choose and prepare healthy meals and snacks.
- Delivering Strong Moms Strong Girls programming to young girls and their caregivers and provides them with language and tools to be able to identify relational aggression and reduce its impact.
- Actively involved the public advocacy along with nine other Michigan Junior Leagues, working to impact state policies and legislation that focus on foster care and human trafficking issues.
Money raised from this fundraiser will help sustain these programs and other community impact initiatives.
In addition to ordering poinsettias for your home or business, please consider purchasing plants to donate to individuals whom are homebound this holiday season in Washtenaw County. JLAA partners with Meals on Wheels, local hospice and local hospitals for distribution of donated plants.
- Pick up your orders at Turner’s Nursery on Dec 8 between 10am – 1pm*
- Business orders will be delivered by League members on Dec 4, 6, & 7.
- Sale ends Nov 16
Questions? Please click here to email our poinsettia committee at email@example.com or fill out the form below.
* Turner Nursery is located at 4431 S Wagner Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 (near Ann Abor-Saline Rd)