Holiday Poinsettia Fundraiser & Donation
Ordering Closed November 15, 2016 - Please come back next year!
- Pick up your orders at Turner's Nursery at 4431 S. Wagner Rd. (near Ann Arbor-Saline Rd.) on Saturday, December 3
- Business orders will be delivered by League members on Monday, December 5 and Tuesday, December 6
Questions? Contact the Poinsettia committee at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support. Your generosity this season contributed enough plants for every Meals on Wheels recipient, plus over 100 additional donated plants will be distributed to area hospice patients.
Check back in 2017..., the Junior League of Ann Arbor is partnering with Turner's Nursery to offer beautiful poinsettias to local area businesses, members, friends, family, neighbors, and the home-bound. All proceeds from the sale go directly back into the community to help women and children of Washtenaw County through our community projects.
Some of the projects we are involved with include:
- Hosting the Kids in the Kitchen program for schools in the greater Washtenaw County area. This breakthrough workshop provides interactive food demonstrations that teach kids to choose and prepare healthy meals and snacks.
- Partnered with Food Gatherers to create a Produce Distribution program. We provide fresh fruits and vegetables, nutritious snacks and health education to families in need at Ypsilanti schools.
- Delivering Strong Moms Strong Girls programming to young girls and their caregivers and provides them with language and tools to be able to identify relational aggression and reduce its impact.
- Actively involved in the State Public Affairs Committee (SPAC), which includes members of all 9 Michigan Junior Leagues, working to impact state policies and legislation that focus on foster care and human trafficking issues.
Money raised from this fundraiser will help sustain these programs and others aligned with our Healthy Living Initiatives.
Give A Poinsettia to a Homebound Individual this Holiday Season
In addition to ordering poinsettias for your home or business, please also consider purchasing plants to donate to individuals whom are homebound this holiday season in Washtenaw County. JLAA partners with Meals on Wheels and local hospice for distrubution of donated plants.
ORDERING HAS CLOSED FOR 2016 - Please come back next year!