Become a Member
Become part of the legacy of women who make a difference!
The Junior League of Ann Arbor helps build women leaders. We're looking for enthusiastic individuals committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving our community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
You don’t need to live in Ann Arbor to become a member—in fact, many of our members live in Saline, Dexter, Canton, and beyond.
The New Member classes will begins every August following a few informational meetings held throughout the summer.
For more information, email the membership committee at email@example.com and submit an application.
Applications for the Fall Class are due by September 13th
Applications for the Winter Class are due by January 7th
Print and mail: JLAA Membership Application 2016-2017
Go digital: Membership Application
New Member Responsibilities:
- New Members are expected to attend all new member and general membership meetings and complete the New Members course. In the event that a new member will not be able to attend a new member or GMM meeting they should contact their Membership Development Advisor prior to or shortly after a missed meeting.
- Meet with her Membership Development Advisor in the personal placement interview and participate in additional interviews throughout the year as needed.
- Participate in and meet all obligations of the New Members course.
- New Members shall become Active upon the recommendation of the Membership Development Committee and shall be recognized by the membership at the annual membership meeting in May with the understanding that outstanding requirements shall be completed prior to the annual meeting.
- Financial exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Commitment Review Board. Failure to meet the financial obligations of the League shall be cause for removal from the membership.
- There shall be no refund of the New Members membership dues ($160) after the date specified below; unless a request for review is made to the commitment review board prior to May 15th.
Besides providing the following benefits,
- Training for effective community leadership, including advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, leadership, public relations, and personal development
- Working with other women to create positive community change
- Insight into community needs and strategies for solutions
- Access to community leaders, new friends, and creative ideas
- Exposure to creative strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit organization
- Ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues
As a member of AJLI (The Associaiton of Junior Leagues International, Inc.), league members have additional opportunities and benefits. AJLI leverages the collective purchasing power of Junior League members to provide individual and group discounts for a number of products and services. The following League member benefits have been selected to accommodate the varied needs and interests of the Junior League membership:
- Junior League Affinity Credit Card
- Preferred Rates at Hotels and Resorts
- Car Rental Discounts
- Group Insurance Plans
- Teleflora Discount
For more information about Member and League Benefits, visit the AJLI Web site at http://www.ajli.org/