The Junior League of Ann Arbor is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
The Junior League of Ann Arbor, Inc. is a member of the Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc., an international organization of 291 Junior Leagues in four countries. We reach out to women of all races, religions and national origins who are committed to volunteerism and advancing our community.
The JLAA is proud to be a 501©3 not-for-profit organization. Its intent is wholly educational and charitable. All programs and activities are supported by League membership dues, foundation and corporate grants and other revenue-producing efforts.
The League strives to champion emerging community issues and partner with local agencies to serve the population in need. Over many years of service, the Junior League of Ann Arbor has provided volunteer support to countless community agencies in the pursuit of reducing the negative impacts of homelessness, hunger, domestic violence, childhood bullying and relational aggression, illiteracy, and lack of early childhood support. While our focus of impact in the community changes with the needs of the community, we pride ourselves on being on the frontlines in response to the emerging and unmet local needs.
The Junior League of Ann Arbor values:
- Community improvement/collaboration
- Developing member's potential through education and training
- Diversity of perspective among membership
- Life/work balance
- Teamwork/respect for self and others
We are interested in people who:
- Are receptive to new ideas, regardless of origin
- Strive to create opportunities for growth in our community
- Are committed to the work we do and to the Junior League
- Exercise integrity with others and the community
- Have fun and enjoy what we do
For more information about joining the Junior League of Ann Arbor, click here.